1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2013 7:36 AM by J. Mather

Mating Auger Flighting to Shaft

Eoin McKenna

Hi,

I am trying to make up some augers for a machine that I am developing but I am having some difficulty with it. I have all the individual parts made, all that there is to it is some 40 mm auger flighting with an inner radius of 100mm, a shaft with a radius of 30mm that goes through the middle of the flighting, and some 30mm x 90mm x 4mm flat plates to act as struts to hold it all together. I am having problems with putting it together in an assembly.

1) I can not get the shaft to mate in a central position to the flighting.

2) I can not get the struts to mate to the flighting and the central shaft.

Is there anyone out there that can help me on this?

Many Thanks,

Owen.

• Re: Mating Auger Flighting to Shaft
          J. Mather

Early on in your training you should have been taught that an assembly file *.sldasm without part files *.sldprt is useless.

An assembly file is simply  list of hyperlinks to the referenced part files and a record of assembly constraints of how they fit together.

You must attach the part files.

Without seeing you files a couple of options

use multibody solids technique and assembly isn't a problem

or

turn on temporary axis - did you model the parts with symmetry about the origin?

How are the parts assembled in the real world - that should give some clues of how to assemble in the digital world.