1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 6:12 AM by Deepak Gupta

Info about software choice

Dado Bojanic

Greetings comunity, as you can see i am new here and i need some info about software choice.

Let me explain my, lets say problem

I am starting part manufacturing

Example:

lets say i am making bearings. Bearing have next parts: Outer ring, inner ring, ball, shield, cage. Now, what i want to do is to add part numbers to those parts.

When i make 3d models and drawings for each part and make assembly, that is finished product named Bearing 1. Then i want to make some kind of spreadsheet where i will store all part numbers from Bearing 1 for easy tracking of parts.

Now i start to make bearing 2 but that bearing has same inner ring as bearing 1.I want easily to pull data from spreadsheet and insert into bearing 2.

Bearing part sheet is huge and i want all to be nice and clean and easy to accsess. Is this possible with any software from Dassault systems?

The reason why i ask is also related to SolidWorks because i had chance to work in trial and i fell in love in this program.Its so powerfull.

• Re: Info about software choice
          Deepak Gupta

Welcome to SolidWorks forums Dado.

You should be able to achieve this via Design table. In case you want to automate the process i.e. create a new beating design based on the old design with some changes in dimensions, etc. please look into DriveWorksXpress (a free add-in with every SolidWorks seat).

You might also find this post helpful for your future reference.