7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 11:58 AM by Jeff Sweeney

HELP CHANGE FILE NAME FROM VBA

Steven Middleton

Hello Forum Members,

I am having trouble running a macro in Excel. I was wondering if someone here could help me understand what I am doing wrong. I have a macro in Excel that allows me to change multiple files names. I put in the folder directory and it lists all files in that folder in column A. In column B I list the new names of the files. When I click okay, magically all files are renamed. The problem is that it won't do it files that are checked in on our vault. they have to be checked in to maintain the references for SolidWorks models. Sometimes we want to rename files with a similar name, so Dispatch wasn't able to do what I wanted. We also rename upwards of 200 files at a time, so this will be very helpful.

Anyway, I think I need to put a line of code at the beginning of my macro that logs me into EPDM to allow me to rename the files, and then logs me out after the macro is done running. But I am not sure what the API is that i need to call login through a VBA macro. Any help would be most appreciated.I already emailed PDM tech support and they told me to post my question here. so here I am. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Sincerely,

SM