AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't move Sheet-Metal feature down, but others above.

Question asked by Karl R. Pettersen on Dec 10, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 by Peter Zelchenko

Hi.

Not sure if this is a strictly Sheet-Metal question, so feel free to move.

I'm re-creating an assembly we often use, in a simplified form using multibody/multitype single part file. It consists of regular extrudes, weldments, and sheet metal parts - all in one. I also like to keep organized, as to putting parts into folders (in the design tree) and in a sequencial way. During the setup I moved the Sheet-Metal features (added last) to the top of the tree, in order to quickly do some rollback editing. When complete, I couldn't get that Sheet-Metal feature moved to the bottom of the hierarchy again, even if I turned off an accidental "Extrude Merge Result" that could have messed things up a bit.

I messed around for some time trying to figure out what was wrong. As all the sheet metal definitions was now at the bottom, there was no reason that I shouldn't be able to move the Sheet-Metal *feature* as well. By accident I grabbed the wrong part (extrude below the Sheet-Metal feature), and by accident I moved it in the wrong direction (up) - and that worked? What gives?

So, my question is: Why is it okay to move i.e. an Extrude feature above a Sheet-Metal feature, but not okay to move a Sheet-Metal feature below the Extrude feature? There should be no connection between the two. Lesson learned I guess, but I feel I must be missing something.

Regards,

Karl

Outcomes