We've been running EPDM and SW 2011 for a while now and we are looking to upgrade. When I set up our toolbox managed entirely in EPDM, I set it up like the tutorial from SolidWorks World 2009 (see attached) where you have to manipulate an excel spreadsheet to get all your part numbers to be assigned in the generating database.
Here are my questions:
1) I know that the Toolbox function of SW changed drastically in SW2012. Does this effect the numbers that I put into that generating database? Will they still be there when I upgrade?
2) We only have maybe 100 toolbox files right now, but I imported 100,000s of part numbers when I set up the database. Will this generate 100,000s of 2012 toolbox parts?
Other upgrade questions are
3) Is there any effect on Dispatch scripts from 2011 to 2013?
4) Would you recommend going first from 2011 to 2012, then 2012 to 2013?
5) Can EPDM 2012 play nice with SW 2011 in the meantime?
Thanks for any help you can provide.