1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 10:28 PM by Jared Conway

Missing beam model reaction forces

Justin Strempke

Running a full beam model (not mixed mesh), and have between six and eight joint/nodes fixed for restraints.  The model solves properly with respect to the fixtures holding ability, but it will only display a random fraction of them in the 'List Result Force' section (between one and say five, whose sum doens't equal the model total so the other must be 'working').  I've double checked for duplicate nodes but nothing.  SW has been crashing as well when I try to select/deselect nodes to get a reading in the reaction force window.

I'm using SW2013 SP5.0, just wondering if this is a known issue or if it's a local thing with my setup.  I checked the KB with no luck (majority relate to mixed mesh reaction errors), and haven't talked to my VAR yet as I wanted to get a feel first.

Thanks!

• Re: Missing beam model reaction forces
          Jared Conway

if it is a known issue, you'll find it in the solidworks kb at customerportal.solidworks.com

a screenshot of your model and results might be helpful here. ideally pointing out which ones are reporting and which aren't. the model would be even better.

assume you've already tried building a simple model to check whether this is model specific and that you've tried a brand new study to make sure it isn't just a bad study and tried some other loads to see if it is setup specific? if you start simple and build up from a new study (adding peices by drag and drop and including them), you'll find what change causes the issue or isolate the beams that are the problem