5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2013 4:53 PM by Jerry Steiger

Decoration in a bottle

Pramesh Dhungel

I am trying to wrap a decoration (tomato vine) in a bottle but I facing these challenges

1) How do I model the tomato vine? Do I use solidworks or is there any software that can do these art work easily than solidworks?

2) Even if I am able to model the tomato vine, how do I wrap it around a non cylindrical bottle?

I have inserted a image of tomato vine for you to see what I am talking about.

Any suggestion from you will be truely appreciated.

Sincerely,

Pramesh.

• Re: Decoration in a bottle
          James Moynagh

Pramesh,

Is it possible you could show us the bottle profile. Is the engraving to go on the shoulder or the label panel area? If it is the shoulder then the wrap tool won't work. Is this to be used as a visual on a drawing or is this model to actually be used to cut moulds?

Regards,

James

Pramesh Dhungel

James,

Attached is the profile. The decoration wraps around the highlighted area.

Sincerely,

PrameshTomato Vine.jpg

Jerry Steiger

Pramesh,

I don't see a "highlighted area" in the drawing, but from the shape of the decoration, I assume that it goes on the .562 high conical area. If the area is conical, as shown on the right side of the drawing, then you could use Wrap. If it has a rounded section, as shown on the left side, then you can't use Wrap.

If you are planning to mold the jars in the long run, then you need the correct draft on the faces of your decoration.

I think that this is a pretty hard thing to do in SolidWorks.

Jerry S.

Jeff Holliday

I had a project that needed some leaves/branches/etc to be shown as embossed features. I inserted the artwork as a sketch picture and used splines to trace over the design. After getting the sketch I used "offset from surface" to get the height differences (relief). It came out pretty well but it was not being "wrapped" as you need. Do you really to show raised details or could you just apply the artwork as a decal? Decals can be wrapped fairly well around curved surfaces.