3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 11:00 AM by Tim Webb

Create a LOG or Output file for ECO list and descriptions.

Jason Owens

I'm baaaaaccck. Ok this seems like it would be a simple thing, but I have not been able to find anyting on this idea.

I have several areas where I would like to have a log file that is constantly updated.

For example, on my ECO's. I would like to have a excel document that possibly updates itself everytime a new ECO is created. In this process, the ECO#, Description, Initiator, Initiate Date, and Close Date would be recorded.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or maybe you can point me in the right direction. I am was not sure if using Export/Import Rules or something like that would work. My thoughts were that the document would act much like a regular document that gets its custom properties assigned, except this would more or less be a log file of all the ECO's.

Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks!

• Re: Create a LOG or Output file for ECO list and descriptions.
          Tim Webb

Hi Jason. Welcome back!

That profile pic is pretty sweet!

A saved search with a specific column set is the way to go. I use a template to create the ECOs then use a saved search with only the columns I need in the column set.

Then set the saved search to find only the filenames, category, "document number" variable, or whatever criteria you use for specifying the ECO file as an "ECO". I use "document number" variable then search for all "document number" variables with a value of "ECO-"

You can export it to excel if you want at that point.

Tim CEPA

http://www.equivaq.com

• Re: Create a LOG or Output file for ECO list and descriptions.
              Jason Owens

Ha...thanks on the Profile Pic. My wife and I took a pic of our Pup with those glasses, and I laugh so hard every time I see it. Hopefully it will do the same for others.

Your suggestion is even simpler than I had thought....awesome...

Do you know if it would be possible to use Dispatch to possibly kick off a weekly export that is conditionally formatted the so it is easy to see which ones are still open?  I will also have to figure out how to pullin the legacy data that is not formatted correctly.....hmm...