10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 4:49 PM by Kelef Man

Remove Tables from Sheet Format

Timm Eckenroth

How do I remove Tables and Anchors from a Drawing Sheet?

I have a Weldment Cut List Anchor (and others) which I want to remove/delete from the Drawing Format.

Tables.JPG

• Re: Remove Tables from Sheet Format
          Jeremy Feist

we don't use the SW revision table, so I can't comment on that. but the anchors cannot be deleted. but who cares, its not like they are in your way at all.

Timm Eckenroth

Well, that didn't help Jeremy because I DO want to remove them.

But, let's say that I want to ADD a Table/Anchor. If I can add one, then I can remove one, yes?

However, since you don't use SW Tables anyway I guess this conversation is moot.

Glenn Schroeder

Timm Eckenroth wrote:

Well, that didn't help Jeremy because I DO want to remove them.

Actually I would think it did help.  He answered your question.  You can't remove them.

Jeremy Feist

you can't remove the anchors, but you can probably remove the rev table - I just have no experience with THOSE tables, i do use others

maybe if you went into a little detail on WHY you feel compelled to remove the anchors, some one could come up with a different solution.

Timm Eckenroth

I inherited several different drawing formats and would like to standardize what we have.

Below are 2 examples of the Table Anchors from 2 different drawing formats (A-size and B-size).

Tables.JPGTable 2.JPG

From what I can see it was possible to some how, and in some way, add these Tables to the Sheet Format which resulted in

the creation of the Anchor points shown above. The Tables (and Anchors) aren't just arbitrarily added to the Sheet Format by SW....

....they had to be inserted some how. I can't find any info about this on the SW Help Menu in regards to this that's why I turned

to the SW Forum community.

Matt Martens

Having started at a new company in the past year and implementing SW here, I have noticed that when creating sheet formats the table anchors are automatically created. I just had to physically set the location where I wanted them.

I imagine the difference between the two formats might have come from the formats being created with two different versions of SW. Not sure when anchors were introduced for the various tables. I have found no way to delete the Anchors.

Timm Eckenroth

Thanks Matt !!

That sounds right. I did in fact start at a new company and they've (obviously) had several versions of SW and the Title Block/Sheet Format

has gone through several iterations. I went ahead and created a new Sheet Format and it did contain all of the Table Anchor points as shown

in the 2nd example above. In order to standardize I guess that I will have to resave all of the Drawing Formats so that they are all up to 2013

format status.

Thanks again !!

Tom dunn

I think you can right click on the table, a box will pop up and you should be able to hit delete about half way doen in the menu. A box should pop up to the right and say table select that here.

Timm Eckenroth

Thanks for replying Tom, and yes, you are correct. You can delete any Tables that you have created within the Sheet Format (as in the 'Revision Table1' shown in image above in previous post) and I was aware of this feature. My issue was with the plethora of Table Anchors that SW automatically generates. I think Matt deduced a plausible reason for this and it seems that I will need to update all of our drawing formats in order to standardize them.

Thanks to all for your replies !!!