5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 2:59 PM by Jared Conway

Error message help?

Rob Powell

I'm running a heat transfer analysis with radiation, convection, and a constant temperature boundary condition.  I am getting the following error message:

The iterative solver stopped.

Status Code:9999 Fatal error in iterative solver

No results saved.

I can't find it anywhere and was wondering if anybody knew?

The specifics of my scenario:  I've run a simple simulation with all of the heat transfer before - the only difference was that I applied radiation to only a couple of surfaces (it takes a long time so I was just checking to make sure I didn't have any basic errors).  For this simulation run, I applied the radiation heat transfer to all outside surfaces of my simulation.  The view factor calculation took a very long time (just over 24 hours) and then it was into the iterative solver portion.  After almost two days (the timer rolls over after a day in the attached picture) I got the error message.  Anybody have any ideas as to how to fix or what to change?

Error Message.PNG

• Re: Error message help?
          Jared Conway

where are the results stored?

32-bit or 64-bit operating system?

steady or transient?

if you remove radiation, does it solve through?

any way to simplify the problem? 2 day solve time seems kind of crazy.

overall i think the error message is generic. you could check the solidworks kb for more specifics but i think this will be a version/service pack, study, model or computer specific issue.