i have been searching around the forum and cannot find an answer that solves my specific problem, so any help would be greatly apreciated!
(i also do not know if this is the correct place to queery this so apologies if not)
to give background-
- i have recently changed my laptop, this new one is the same make and model as the previous (eliteBook 8570w)
(my old laptop was more than powerful enough for what i am doing so i dont think it is the graphics card)
- i downloaded solidworks 2012 for which my company has a liscence (SP0)
- it will not let me download (SP5) as we did not renew/purchase the subscription.
- i can open components
- i can open small assemblies (with couple of parts)
- i can see ther larger assemblies in their folders (around 11,000KB)
- in solidworks explorer all the references are correct form parts to the larger assembly
this is not isolated and is the same for all larger assemblies i have
when i open the larger assemblies solidworks crashes and displays message in image attached. (around 11,000KB)