3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 9:08 AM by Matt Martens

Draftsight Template Setup.

Steven Smith

How do I set up an attribute to pick up the sheet qty when using paperspace?

Eg, sheet 1 of 1

• Re: Draftsight Template Setup.
          Matt Martens

What you are asking for is not possible in DS. In ACAD, you would have to create a Sheet Set that contains all your drawing pages and use the Sheet Set properties in the fields to create the "1 of 1" format you are looking for. This is one area I wish 2D CAD packages were a little more intuitive with.

Steven Smith

Cheers Matt.

I don't use Draftsight much tbh, I see it still has it's limitations compared to AC

Matt Martens

Your right. They are working on developing it more, but for the people who really only use it to "maintain" existing .dwg files it is a great FREE tool to have. The thing that keeps me from completely switching to DS from ACAD is that it doesn't support the use of dynamic blocks. I have to do a lot of electrical drawings where I work and our block library of electrical symbols are all built as dynamic blocks (if you're unfamiliar, thinks of them as blocks with configurations or flexibility built into them). So for instance you can switch a N/O switch to N/C by simply switching a property in the block. In DS, these blocks can only be used in the "configuration" they are inserted in.