1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2013 11:39 AM by Jared Conway

X-Y Plot Problem

Jeff Bridges

Hi there,

When I try to create an X-Y plot of pressure vs time for my 2D simulation, I cannot select the profile I would like to take the data off. The piece is as attached, and the only segment of the airfoil that I can select is the front and back edges, when I'm assuming I would need to take the profile with which the simulation seems to be running off, i.e. the middle of the airfoil.

If I select the front and back edges, and proceed with the graphing, the graph is obviously not what I am looking for.

The attachment shows the profile (green) which I guess is what I am trying to plot, where as the red is where I am at now.

thanks!

• Re: X-Y Plot Problem
          Jared Conway

" I cannot select the profile I would like to take the data off." > what are you selecting? sketches? edges? have you tried a really simple model just to get the hang of using XY plots? a pipe with a sketch down the middle is a good first step.

" the graph is obviously not what I am looking for" > what are you getting? what are you expecting?