1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2013 9:00 AM by Matt Martens

Hole callout text issues

Matthew Hiser

Periodically when I am detailing a drawing using Hole Callout I will get the issue where the text from the hole callout will be layered over itself and unable to be read. This is after I have broken the link to the drawing as the current setup in the hole callout I have to manually edit the text to delete a few unneccessary lines of text. If anyone has suggestions on how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

• Re: Hole callout text issues
          Matt Martens

Welcome to the forums!

I am not sure what may be causing your problem but I was wondering if you are still using the default setup for hole callouts (yes, they can be changed to match what you want it to appear as). If so, then you can alter the .txt file that SW utilizes to suit your needs. As with anything you customize from the out of the box setup, create a backup first.

The default .txt file is located at C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\english and is called "calloutformat.txt".  Also, if you are having trouble search for "customize hole callout" on the forums as there are many forum posts addressing this topic and how to alter the file to suit your needs.