I've started to begin with solidworks thermal simulation.
I'm goiing to test out a heatsink that is going to cool a LEDlight source.
1. I started out with a thermal study
2. Apply material (alu alloy 7079)
3. Adding heat power at the upper surface (6w)
4. Going to study properties and set to transient (300 sec)
5. Set inital temperature (293K)
6. Set convection at all surfaces (8 (W/m2)/K) ambient (293K)
7. Run simulation.
I don't know what i'm doing wrong.
If I replace the heatpower by a Temperature (403K)
Then this is the result:
Are there people with some experience with thermal siulation?
Thanks for your help,