AnsweredAssumed Answered

Convert/Flatten Sheetmetal That is Curved (complex curve)

Question asked by steven galati on Oct 24, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2013 by steven galati

Here is my scenario w/ pics.... I have a 2" sq post that will follow the controur of a curved plywood front, the sq tube needs to be sloped on a 15 degree angle(away from front) and needs to be capped by a piece of flat stainless steel. I took the radi and the angle and came up w/ a curved, extruded profile but i cant flatten that or convert that and flatten it, to get what my curved flat s/s should look like.

Any help or ideas on how to calculate the template curve, or how to convert/flatten the object i already have, would be a great help!!