AnsweredAssumed Answered

Any interest in a Lean Engineering Workshop?

Question asked by Dan Bertschi on Oct 23, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 by Anthony Bear

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully, you had a chance to attend one of the reseller SolidWorks 2014 rollout events in the last two weeks.  They were both very well done, and attendees enjoyed good food, networking, and learning the highlights of SolidWorks 2014.  Our next meeting will be announced soon.

Everytime I attend a learning event, my thoughts jump into other related areas...  and lately, I've been learning about Lean Engineering.  We've all heard about Lean Six-Sigma in  Manufacturing, but, how can those approaches be applied to the engineering/design process?

If there is interest, I can put together a presentatin for a future NEOSWUG meeting.  From what I've learned so far, this is more than simple Best Practices, and should also involve Engineering Managers, probably others.  Talk it over with the folks at your company, and if there is interest, let me know.  You can reply to this discussion, or contact me directly.  If you have applied Lean Engineering processes at your work place, let us know how it worked out. Thanks!

Outcomes