2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 10:34 AM by Ian Worrall

Installed Solidworks 13-14 corrupted HDD

Alvin Chen

As title says, when I installed solidworks 2013-2014 it crashed my secondary HDD and now it is corrupted.Untitled.png

Any idea what may have caused this?

I was merely installing the program to finish my school work and then all my programs from my secondary HDD that were being used started getting lots of errors. I assumed my secondary HDD had some issues so I decided to reboot. Now I have a corrupted HDD.

• Re: Installed Solidworks 13-14 corrupted HDD
          Jeff Holliday

I would suspect that you were the victim of some bad timing. I have never heard of SW installation corrupting a HDD. I think there was probably a problem developing with the system that just became worse at the same time that you happened to be installing SW. Installing any large program can cause extra workload for a HD.

I am sorry that you are having problems especially while trying to finish your schoolwork!

• Re: Installed Solidworks 13-14 corrupted HDD
            Ian Worrall

It looks like your F drive has lost its partition table. DO NOT REFORMAT IT YET!

Your data is probably still there, you just need to use some partition recovery software like TestDisk or similar.

Obtain another drive of the same size or larger, then run the software (it will require this space to put any recovered files into).

Only if TestDisk cannot find your data should you consider it lost and then reformat.