I am trying to find a way to subtract an assembly of parts from a part.
My current structure is the following
- Low Assembly
- Linear Patterns
All of the features are driven from a higher level than Top Assembly, and in some instances I must subtract multiple assemblies from a single part. because all parts are driven, any solution I apply must be automatically updateable.
The ideas which I tried working with untill hitting a blind alley:
1. Low assembly sketch with converted parts + sketch in Top Assembly with sketch conversion from Low assembly
- problem: selecting patterned parts
- problem: selecting all parts inside low assembly
3. Saving Lower assembly as part and using Combine/Mold or similar
- problem: keeping the converted part connected to original assembly (driven)
So the problems I am working with are the following:
1. How to create a copy of an assembly as a part, and keep it driven by original assembly
2. How to select all parts (including pattern) when using convert to sketch, or subtract/combine etc.. features.
3. Alternative solutions to the ones I tried if no solution to 1 or 2
Thanks for any answer at all, I would appreciate even a "That's impossible!" answer .