AnsweredAssumed Answered

Flat pattern not showing in View Pallette as an option for putting on drawing?

Question asked by Dave Krum on Oct 17, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 by Dave Krum

Hi All,

Quick question regarding sheet metal flat patterns.  I modeled a very simple rolled cylinder with a top lid for example for posting.  If I leave the lid off and just keep the basic cylinder in the model, when I go to put the thing on a drawing, in the view pallette I can pick "flat pattern" as an option.  Then if I put a top lid on the cylinder and do the same thing in the drawing, the flat pattern view is no longer there.  For modeling the cylinder, I know there are many different ways.  All I did was just draw a circle and split the line to make a 1/32" gap, then extrude it using the thin feature to create the wall thickness.  I think this way is ok but the option for putting the flat pattern on the drawing no longer is there once an "unmerged" top lid is put on.  I am using "insert bends" and picking on one of the edges at the seam on the cylinder and I can flatten it in the model itself so I must be doing some wrong that its not showing the flat in the view pallette.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Attachments

Outcomes