2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 1:47 PM by Ivan Yanev

Help with installation of SolidWorks Student Design Kit

Ivan Yanev

I am trying to install SolidWorks 2013 Student Design Kit. While starting installation process the following message appear

"Registry Permissions: The installation Manager cannot create registry keys in this location of the registry: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SolidWorks\Licenses\Serial Numbers

You must have administrative permission when running the Installation Manager. Check the permissions for this registry key using a registry editor or consult the system administrator. If this issue is not resolved, installation may fail or result in other errors."

When I ignore above message and install SolidWorks 2013 Student Design Kit some functions do not work.

I am installing SolidWorks on desktop with Windows Vista 64-bit operation system using account as administrator.

Can somebody help me to resolve the above issue, to create registry keys?

Thank you!

• Re: Help with installation of SolidWorks Student Design Kit
          Deepak Gupta

Welcome to SolidWorks forums Ivan.

As per SolidWorks KB solution id S-052620, try following:

Please verify permissions to the specific registry key specified in the error message. The easiest way to verify permissions is to:

1) Open the Windows® registry (Start, Run, regedit for XP.  For Windows® 7 or Vista®, type “regedit” in the search box)

2) Locate the key mentioned in the error message

4) Right mouse button click on the key and choose “Permissions…”

5) Press the “advanced” button

6) Click on the “Effective Permissions” tab then press “Select...”

7) In box, enter the name used to log into the machine and press “Check Names”, after this press OK

8) Review the effective permissions for the user name; Full Control is required for the SolidWorks installation.

If the above doesn't help then disable UAC under control panel and try installing again.

You might also find this post helpful for your future reference.