Stoney Seawell

SW2007 Deployment via Active Directory

Discussion created by Stoney Seawell on Dec 5, 2006
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2006 by Andrew Carter
I have created an administrative image and applied sp2. We would like to deploy SW2007 to multiple computers in AD. Currently we have all SW setting in swSettings.sldreg and client options in SolidWorks_2007_SP0_client_options.ini. We also have a post installation batch file setup to install Solidworks Explorer and other addons. Example below:
msiexec /I"\\share\soft-dist\sw2007\swexplorer\SolidWorks Explorer.msi" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\PDMWorks_2006" ADDLOCAL=Client,Standalone /qb
msiexec /I"\\share\soft-dist\sw2007\dwgeditor\dwgeditor.msi" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\DWGeditor" /qb
msiexec /I"\\share\soft-dist\sw2007\edrawings\edrawings.msi" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\eDrawings" /qb

The problem we have is that no user settings are applied and the post installation batch file does not run after using a GPO to push out English_i386_SolidWorks.msi to the computers.
However when we install via the StartSWInstall.htm everything works as expected.
New at this so any help with using the .msi to deploy with modifications would be great!
Thanks!

Outcomes