I have run into the same situation before. Take a look at KB solution S-060899.
Should fix your issue. Also, consider upgrading from .Net xpress to the full suite. Makes debugging easier.
here is a link for others to solution S-060899, for me the error was Embed Interop Types on the References tab.
The following are recommended settings when compiling a Visual Basic (VB) .Net project for 4.0:
Application tab (See VBNet4_Application.jpg):
- Click “Assembly Information”, enable “Make assembly COM-Visible”.
Compile tab (See VBNet4_Compile.jpg):
- Enable “Register for COM interop”
- Click “Advanced Compile Options”, make sure target framework is set to “.NET Framework 4” and target CPU is set to “AnyCPU”.
References tab (VBNet4_References.jpg):
- Reference the EPDM 2013 COM type library (version 5.16).
- Make sure to set EdmLib reference properties to:
Embed Interop Types: False
Copy Local: True
Thanks for the additional debugging info on the specifics. It is always good to know what specifically causes issues and how to resolve them.
I think your research is going to provide help for many others Jakob.