2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 2:01 PM by Glenn Schroeder

Different Properties on Different Sheets in the Same Drawing

Brian Miller

How do you create different properties on different sheets in the same drawing document?  For instance, I have two sheets with different detailed sections views of the same part.  I want to control the title blocks in the file properties tab and assign them different names in their respective title blocks.  I could change the sheet format for each sheet but I do not want to end up with a dozen different formats that are near identical.  How do I do this?  Thanks.

Brian

• Re: Different Properties on Different Sheets in the Same Drawing
          Jerry Steiger

Brian,

Can't you just edit the title blocks on the different sheets? Perhaps some screen dumps would help us understand what is not working for you.

Jerry S.

• Re: Different Properties on Different Sheets in the Same Drawing
            Glenn Schroeder

Brian,

Welcome to the forum.  Sorry about the dealy, questions usually get responses here a lot faster.  I'm glad Jerry bumped it.  As he said, you could place the note in your title block, then edit the sheet format for each sheet  to change it.  It will need to be manually entered or linked to a different property for each sheet.

The only other way I know of, depending on your situation, would be to have configurations of your part, with a configuration-specific custom property.  You could then link a note in your sheet format to this property.  That's if these sectioned views are saved drawing views from the part.  If you're talking about seperate section views of the same drawing view elsewhere in the same drawing then this won't work.