4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2013 8:23 AM by J. Mather

Pipe Pressing

Sidharth Sunny

Hello everyone,

I am posting this to know can we cantrol the perimeter of pipe when it is bend from round to elipse.

• Re: Pipe Pressing
          J. Mather

It sounds like you want to Loft to a sketch with the same perimeter as the circumference of you circle.

Set this up with parametric dimensions.

I would do as solid and then Shell the ends.

Attach your attempt here (*.sldprt) file if you can't figure it out.

I didn't take the time to create parameters (what version of SolidWorks are you using?).

Sidharth Sunny

thnx sir,

Sorry for this delay reply

I am using SWX2013

i dont think this is possible due to reason that it can be controlled at the end but at an section it will again be changed.

Jerry Steiger

Sidharth,

With 2013 or earlier, I believe you are correct, that you would have to change the parameters of your ellipse manually. You should check out 2014, where you should be able to define the circumference of your ellipse.

Jerry S.

J. Mather

Sidharth Sunny wrote:

i dont think this is possible due to reason that it can be controlled at the end but at an section it will again be changed.

I was simply attaching an example to try to give you some ideas.

Attach your attempt at your actual design here for better suggestions (in 2013).