3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2013 4:21 AM by Deepak Gupta

Hatch color and line visibility problem.

Paresh Vora

I am trying to add line thickness and colurs on the hatche that i created on faces using boundary hatches. The problem is i can not update see colour update from when i change the layers or i am not able to change ge the thickness of hatch lines by going into options.. Has anyone had this problem? Can somone find a solution for me?

• Re: Hatch color and line visibility problem.
          Glenn Schroeder

I don't know of any way to change the default properties for color or line weight for hatching.  Hatching can be problematic, but it should follow the color of the layer that's active when the hatch is inserted into the drawing, or you can also change the color with the Line Color icon on the Line Format toolbar after it's inserted.  If you want the hatching to use a thicker line than default, then set to the desired thickness with the Line Thickness icon on the Line Format toolbar before inserting the hatching.  You can't change the line thickness of hatching after inserting, or at least I can't find a way to do it.

Paresh Vora

Glenn,

Many thanks. I have gone through it. It is just the solidworks,sometimes it changes colour of layer sometimes it doesnt. I think solidworks still has to develop a lot when it comes to drawing. I also came to know about linethickness because of which i ended up doing the whole hatch again for laminate schedule using the right thickness. Hatch line thickness is there in options but i guess it doesnt auto update afterwards. I used colour in layers but when it dint work. I used the colour icon.

Many thanks for you detailed response.

Deepak Gupta

Glenn Schroeder wrote:

You can't change the line thickness of hatching after inserting, or at least I can't find a way to do it.

Double click on the hatch pattern, set the line thickness or type and then right click and select "recreate hatch area". This will update the hatch pattern.

P.S.: This will work on the hatch created manually using Area hatch/fill.