3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 9:29 PM by Jerry Steiger

Help re saving and continuing project required.

C. Donaldson

Can anyone help regarding saving work on uni computer and being able to continue on macbookpro which has same version?

Does one save to, say, a USB stick and then continue on laptop?

• Re: Help re saving and continuing project required.
          J. Mather

Have you tried it?

What difficulty are you experiencing?

Emailing the files to yourself might be another technique.

Just be careful to since to latest file version going back and forth.

Does your school assign network drive space?

C. Donaldson

Haven't started using SW yet.  Have to load SW on a Mac in order to work from home.  This is not an easy prospect as I have to load Windows 7 which apparently is the preferred OS and the same as at Uni.  I am so so disappointed that SW does not have a Mac version.  Microsoft don't offer Windows 7 anymore only 8.  It has to be 7.  Finding a copy to buy is proving to be difficult. I believe it is better to use BootCamp than Parallels as SW performs better.  My old laptop with Windows XP has a problem so can't use it. I was asking about saving work because I want to be sure that whatever work I do on the Uni pcs, I can save and continue from home.  There is the possibility of using VPN but I am told there would most likely be a lot of drag..especially as don't have cable connection so things are slow. It is all proving to be problematic.  I have to make a start on the training programme ASAP.

Jerry Steiger

C.,

You can use a USB stick or any other medium that you can find that works between your Mac and the University computers. As J. says, be sure that you are using the same version of SolidWorks as the University. You can use a different service pack, but I would probably try to stay with the same one, just in case.

Jerry S.