Brian Mick

Warnings you wish had "Do not show again" checkboxes

Discussion created by Brian Mick on Oct 2, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 by Peter De Vlieger

So I've noticed many warnings have a checkbox that allows me to permanently dismiss them.  However, some warnings keep popping up over and over again.  I'd like the ability to permanently dismiss every warning in solidworks.  I can always go into the options and revoke my dismissal if I want to see the warning again.  Here are a few warnings that I get over and over:

Solidworks Warnings.PNG

When I make sheet metal drawings, I make the last page a blank 1:1 scale flat pattern to export as a DXF for our laser cutter.  Every time I hide the bend lines I get this pop-up.  For Pete's sake, I already right-clicked the bend line and clicked "hide".  I think I know that I'm going to hide the bend notes. I'm really ok with that.

warning2.PNG

I already hit delete.  I have an "undo" button if I didn't mean it.  Besides, I'm allowed to delete dimensions and sketch entities without a warning, why are you warning me now? And why can't I just delete things willy-nilly if I want to? I'll take a "do not show again" check box here please.

warning 3.PNG

This is more of a fundamental "how solidworks functions" type thing, but I'd still like it changed: If I deleted / made everything construction, just make the feature "empty"! Or suppress it.  Or delete it and just leave a sketch where it was.  Anything. Something.  Not an error that then requires me to either a) create something small and insignificant or b) make something random, so I can leave this screen, and then delete the feature from the feature tree.

What other UI changes would you like to see?

Outcomes