2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2006 1:34 PM by Jared Harvey

rating system?

Jared Harvey
      Does any one know how the rating system works? I see we can rate a forum topic, but why would we. I don't see a place where it tells us how the topic has been rated, before going to read the topic.
        • rating system?
          Lin Shaodun
          I guess the Topic Rating is totally base on forum user's personal opinion, then come out a avarege value for certain topic.

If I feel learnt something from your topic, it's nothing wrong to give a exellent rating for that.

BTW, did you over-clock your P4 CPU from 2.8Ghz or 3.0Ghz to 3.19Ghz? Just my curiousity.
            • rating system?
              Jared Harvey
              I wonder where that rating system comes into play. I wonder if someone has a good rating does that mean that when they post a new topic or reply to a topic, it puts lots of start next to thier name or something? Not sure.

The 3.19 also appears to report as a 3.20. I don't believe it's overclocked, but I also haven't really checked. I'm not a fan of overclocking, especially when I'm looking for stability. For example if the PC boots at 2.5GHZ in 100s you have used 250 gig clock cycles, If you up your clock to 3GHZ it takes 83 seconds to boot the 250 gig clock cycles. I just don't see the risk worth the extra 20 seconds. Not to mention that the increase in instability causes a need to reboot more often, so does that 20 seconds really get saved. I could significantly increase my speed if I could convince my boss to get me more RAM, but that's a different battle.