AnsweredAssumed Answered

Description disappears when TB part is inserted.

Question asked by Jerry Wolverton on Sep 26, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 by Sterling Simmons

Has anyone else run into a situation where when a TB part is inserted into an assembly the description set in the TB configuration is erased?  My VAR is stumped.  We even did a full uninstall/reinstall of everything.

To be clear, I set a description to a 1/4" flat washer.  When I first insert the part it works as it should.  I can even open up the part the TB created and can see my description in the custom properties.  But if I go back and open up the TB configuration window, that part's decription has disappeared!  If I try to use the 1/4" flat washer again, the TB part is overwritten with the blank description.  The descriptions for the other sizes are still in the TB configuration window, but if I try and use a different size the same thing happens to that size.

We are running SolidWorks 2013 and TB 2013.  Our TB folder is shared on a server but is not managed by the vault. My VAR and I tried installing a clean toolbox on my local computer and the results are the same with it.  The TB is set to make parts, not configurations.

Outcomes