I am curious if this is a glitch or not. I am using SolidWorks 2012 and I am exporting the Mass Properties via VBA macro. I set swModel.Extension.IncludeMassPropertiesOfHiddenBodies = False, but unless the body is suppressed it includes the hidden part in the mass calculation. I have checked this with Mass Property Dialog Box and it has the same behavior. As a test I performed the following procedure with the Mass Property Dialog Box making sure the Include hidden bodies/components check box is UNCHECKED:
1) Get mass property of assembly
2) Pick a component of assembly and get mass of it
3) Hide this component
4) Get mass property of assembly (should be mass property of assembly minus mass property of hidden component)
`----> This yields the same mass properties as step 1
5) Suppress component of assembly
6) Get mass property of assembly (should be mass property of assembly minus mass property of suppressed component)
`----> This yields mass properties minus the suppressed part.
Am I missing something? This is the same behavior that my macro performs. The workaround for this would to go through my whole assembly and suppress anything that is hidden to get the correct mass properties. Unfortunately, this is very time consuming to do even using a macro to do it.
If I am missing something please tell me or please suggest another workaround.