AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does SW offer this selection?

Question asked by rusty drake on Sep 20, 2013

I'm wanting to change a component within my assembly.  The current component (a 45 deg elbow hydraulic fitting) has a handful of configurations for the different sizes offered, -4 JIC, -6 JIC, -8JIC, etc.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to plumb a new setup, so I want to see if a 90 deg fitting is the better choice (several configs to this part as well).  I RMC on the 45 deg fitting and select "Replace Component", navigate to the 90 deg fitting part and click on the file.  The window pops up which lets me select the "Configuration, Display State, etc".  When I select the "Configuration" I would like to show when the replacement is complete, SW never presents that configuration.  It appears that the config presented is the "Last Saved" config of the replacement part.

If there is a system setting which "over-rides" the selection of the configuration I choose (gives the "Last Saved" config instead), I would like to know of it.  OR, why doesn't the software respond as it appears is should?

Maybe just another part of the "whole" software package that needs addressed.  After all, there is a lot going on in the background to make the program work, right?

Attachments

Outcomes