5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2013 11:24 AM by Jared Conway

urgent...

Hendra Cipta

heiiii...

im a newbie....

please help me.,

im a students.. im really need a help for bucket 12 m^3 bachoe

New Picture (1).jpg

i dont understand the warning is about..??

thx

• Re: urgent...
          Jared Conway

sounds like you don't have enough restraints or your contact sets/connectors aren't created properly

enable soft springs to troubleshoot lack of restraints and contacts

or add extra fixed restraints to parts to find out which one isn't connected to the rest

generally we recommend in our one-on-one mentoring to start simple, adding parts one at a time into the assembly so that you know everything is connected.

Hendra Cipta

Mr. Jared, actually, im very confuse. i already to assembllly bucket backhoe 12 m^3.

would you repair or correction my assembly..?

please..

i really need it to face   my lecturer tomorrow..

please mr. jared . i really appreciate it..

Jared Conway

if you want to post a pack and go of your assembly i can certainly take a look. my email is jared@hawkridgesys.com and my dropbox is http://dropbox.yousendit.com/jaredconway.

Hendra Cipta

oke sir..

thx very much..

i will send to you my assembly at 9 a.m in Jakarta time

oke sir..

please wait ok sir..

but i used solidwork 2010 sir

thank you sir.. thank you sir.. i will send to you..

Jared Conway

hi hendra, let me know if you got my response. for those that are following, here are the recommendations I made:

i'll be honest here, you've got a lot going on. this would probably take me a half day to setup and run the analysis. if you need something quick and dirty, i would recommend that you build a simplified version of this model by sketching out the main shape, shelling it and then adding some flanges/brackets. run the analysis on that part and you should have no problems.

if you really want to run the analysis on this part, what i would recommend is saving the assembly as a part. file > save as > part. and then try merging all the bodies together. any bodies that don't merge together, you need to add some material so that it can be merged together. insert > feature > combine > add merges things together.

if you want to run the analysis as is (on the assembly) what i would recommend is excluding all the components except for the one that you have the restraint on. run it with a gravity load. add the next components and keep going. if you get that error message you got before, you need to add material between the component that you just added and the rest or a bonded contact or a connector. if you want to try skipping some of this, you can use interference detection with "treat coincidence as interference" enabled to find out which parts aren't touching. if they aren't touching, your analysis will fail because there is no path between your load and your restraint. the parts have to be touching with a contact (global or contact set) or with a connector.

a few other considerations:

1. this is going to be painful to run with solid elements. make sure before you start anything you suppress any parts that aren't important. in the analysis world, we would probably build a new assembly so that we could leverage shells.
                          2. i don't know if i understand your loading condition but it seems like you could cut this in half and have the same results. that would be good for you because it cuts your analysis in half. but you have to be sure that the resulting behavior will be symmmetric.
                          3. if you start running into meshing issues because your parts are different sizes, change your global contact to incompatible and use the curvature based mesher.