Yes....steps below. The only caveat with this is that you need to go back and re-section your part before you can see the change. Don't forget to change your drawing templates as well...if you want your change to be permanent or automatic when you load a "new" drawing.
1. Turn on the Layer Toolbar:
- Right Click on any Toolbar
- click the Layer button (make sure it adds a check beside the word, Layer)
2. Define a "New" layer:
- Click on the icon that looks like a stack of files (Layer button)
- Click New
- Name your "new" layer and change or leave its color, thickness, and line type
3. Change the Layer of the Auxiliary, Detail, Section, or Ortho:
- Go to Options
- Document Properties tab
- expand (+ sign) View Labels to show Auxiliary, Detail, Section, Ortho
- click the view type (Section, Detail, etc...) that you want to change
- change that layer to the "new" layer that you just made (or whatever layer you want)
Try going to Tools>Options>Document Properties. Expand (+ sign) the view labels and verify the line style (line font and thickness) are the same for both. They are separate settings and I suspect your document template is set up with differences between the two.
Hello Matt & Dwayne,
Thanks for the tips, but from with the document properties tab I can only change the line type for the section view and for the auxiliary view.
For projection view I didn't find anything.
I'm confused. How was View A-A created? I assumed it was actually a section view with a line that did not intersect the model. Thus the reason the lines were different (you stated view B-B was an auxilary view).
A Projection View does not give you a "Section Line". Like Matt asked, "How did you create View A-A...is it a Section or Auxiliary View?
Post your slddrw and sldprt file for us to see what you are doing and how your views are created. Will save us all from guessing what you have done from your picture.
I am attaching a zip file with 2 drawings.
One drawing with the line style for the section line of the projection view modified and one drawing with the line style for the section line of the projection view unmodified.
I don't have a clue how the line style from the pressure plate drawing was modified.
I am still searching.
SolidWorks Training.zip 796.8 KB