2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2013 9:03 AM by Jerome Boussard

Drive a SQL drop list with file datas

Jerome Boussard

Hi there,

I'm trying to use the lists from SQL base.

Actually I can display values in the card of a file, but these values don't refer to this file.

Here's the whole story:

I have created a database where I set purchasing datas, refering to the DocumentID of my file (this is easy to extract!)

On the query below, I set the information I need into a list, which I will display in the card of the file

sql_base_list_query.jpg

The issue is that the DocumentID is hand written and so, it works only with the ID #8000

So, how to get dynamically the ID of the file where it will be displayed?

• Re: Drive a SQL drop list with file datas
          Jeff Sweeney

Is "8000" the UID of the file, so the query would need to be different for each file?

If you need to run a different query depending on the properties of the file (ID, card variable, file path, etc) the native EPDM query tool isn't going to work because the native tool requres the query to be static.

If you want a different query per file, you'll need to create an add-in or use a 3rd party application like PigeonHole.

The same query in PigeonHole would look something like this:

SELECT INDICE FROM ACHATICUBE.dbo.TableOffre WHERE DocumentID='{EPDMFILEID}'

• Re: Drive a SQL drop list with file datas
              Jerome Boussard

Hi Jeff

That's it, I thought I could insert a variable like {EPDMFILEID} into the EPDM drop list query tool.

That's a shame if it's only static. You can show the fileID into the columns set, but not in the cards... sounds like an unfinished melody!

I'm not sure PigeonHole is the good tool for me, I don't want to push a button to achieve the query.

Thanks for your answer