2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 1:52 PM by Andrew Schutte

BOM export to ERP/MRP systems

Richard Kowalski

Is there a list of ERP/MRP systems that is compatible with exporting your BOM to?

• Re: BOM export to ERP/MRP systems
          Michael Dekoning

To my knowledge there is not a definitive list. EPDM comes with the capability to import and export data as XML files that can typically be used by ERP/MRP systems. Also, there are some solutions available from SolidWorks partners.

• Re: BOM export to ERP/MRP systems
            Andrew Schutte

While I can't help you with a list, *most* ERP systems I've encountered will usually accept a single level BOM export. If you have a multi-level-indented BOM, it can quickly get difficult.

There is however another method that's better than BOM exports, direct integration. www.smoothlogics.com offers a SolidWorks Add-In that directly integrates with SolidWorks, handles property input, collects and stores parent/child relationships, revisions, and allows engineering to place orders to purchasing, and revisions. Its part of the comprehensive COUNTERPART ERP/MRP software solution, designed for engineer-to-order companies. If you are looking for an ERP system, I would add Smooth Logics to your list.