15 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 4:24 PM by David Ouellette

SOLIDWORK EPDM WEB SERVER

Andrian Sangel

Hi ....goodmorning just want to ask something important regarding on the EPDM WEBSERVER.

one of our Potential customer was currently asking regarding on the EPDM WEB SERVER IMPLEMENTATION.

my question is do we need to configure first the web host?? how can we implement this web server??

what are the requirements that we need to set-up the network EPDM.

please can you share some procedures if possible..this will be a great help for us...thank you

please help....

Thank you and best regards.

adrian

• Re: SOLIDWORK EPDM WEB SERVER
          Arto Kvick

Andrian,

In the installation media, under \Support\Guides\GB\ There is a PDF -file, "Web Server Guide.pdf" it answers to all of your questions.

Kip Speck

Andrian,

There is an alternative to the Out of the Box Web Client, the alternative is a Web application that has all of the out of the Box functions, plus it provides access to the edrawings, and other viewers to view files.

Additionally, there is no required client installs except the free edrawings from SolidWorks.

If you are interested I can give you a quick demo.

Kip Speck

kip.speck@stratus-x.com

www.stratus-x.com

Andrian Sangel

thnks for sharing the  info Kip seck.

can you share a quick demo guide...how to set-up a web client server?

right now im configuring the web epdm...because all of our potential customer's are interested on these set-up..cause they can see the big impact of these on their company....

it will be a great help for me if you can show a quick demo how to configure the epdm through web implementation...

thank you

adrian

Kip Speck

Andrian,

Sure I can help, just for clarification do you want to see the Web Interface I talked about or the Out of the Box Web client that EPDM comes with?

Also about your commont about "Customers"  are you a SolidWorks Reseller? 

Where are you located (just for time zone reference)?

Thanks

Andrian Sangel

were from the phillipines we are one of the var resellers here in the phillipines ....please if it is possible can you help me by giving a quick demo procedure how to configure epdm via web server...thank you...im hoping for your response.....

thank you and best regards....

adrian

Kip Speck

Andrian,

if it the standard EPDM web client, there js complete documentation on how to do it.

if you have followed that and are still having an issue then I will be happy to look at your setup.

since there is a time differnece, I am in central time USA, it would be best to do a remote session, do you have webex or goto meeting, if so send me a request and I will see what I can do.

Andrian Sangel

hi kip speck,

sorry for the late reply....i dont have a webex or go to meeting i only have here a Teamviewer...is it possible if we can have a remote desktop session next week....i want to ask also if you are working home-based? cause right now im going to adjust my schedule base on your availabilty cause i dont want to bother your work cause i know you are busy... thank you for extending your generosity.

please give me your compatible time probably nextweek if it is possible. i dont have a schedule this coming september 16-18..

im hoping that you can help me on these matter sir...

again thank you and best regards..

adrian

Andries Koorzen

Hi Andrian.

I work for a reseller here in South Africa. The web server guide is really the best place to start.

To give you an idea of what the web client functionality looks like, I'm attaching a video. This does not cover the setup, but simply gives you an overview of what it looks like (and for any other people looking at this post)

There is no sound in the video. If you would like I can also post a quick video of how to do the setup. Takes about 2-5mins if you know what you want / what you're doing

So this will give you an idea of whether this is what you're looking for to implement. It does not have the full functionality of BOM extraction, live previews, etc

http://youtu.be/IgM91cvgxqs

David Ouellette

I have implemented a webserver. It is avialable internally through the a standard internal address. The external address is also setup. It had been working then we switched carriers. It is now showing up externally but I get an sql error when trying to login or trying to browse to a folder. The folders do show up though. Any idea of what could have changed? I assume this is some configuration or port permissions through the provider.

Andries Koorzen

Hi David.

It is difficult to troubleshoot something on a forum , but my initial suspicion would lean towards proper port forwarding / open ports

Make sure that if you are hosted on www.mydomain.com/epdm that when you browse to this site the port 80 (for normal access HTTP) or port 443 (for HTTPS (SSL))  is accessable from the outside

But this is difficult to say without a screenshot of the error message.

David Ouellette

SW Webserver EPDM access appears to be working now. Double checked the ports etc. Made the Web Server Public URL under properties match the actual IP of the external address. The response of the server in the remote location is causing issues with responses and is probably causing retrieval issues. I had them do a ping test to a random server and the response was 45 ms.   I have asked our IT guys to talk to our provider and see what the issue is with our connection.

Thanks for your response.