2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2013 4:19 PM by J. Mather

Supressing EULA and Welcome pop-ups

Aaron Roy

Hello,

We are an education environment and are using Solidworks for the first time.  The OS and software on our student computers are in a frozen state using a product called Deep Freeze.  Every time a machine boots up it defaults back to the original state to when all the software was first installed.  Because of this, each time a student or faculty logs on, it is like creating their profile for the first time, even if they've technially used that particular computer before.  We would like to suppress the EULA and Welcome pop-up windows, and perhaps preselect some of the help settings in the Welcome window.  We are using a SolidnetWorks License managing server and deployed to about 40 machines using an administrative package.  Does anyone know if suppressing these pop-ups for all users is possible?  Thanks!!!

• Re: Supressing EULA and Welcome pop-ups
          John Burrill

I taught an AutoCAD class at Canaveral Airforce Station once and the night before the class I and a couple of department guys went around and installed AutoCAD on each of the machines.  The next day, when I came in the machines had been wiped and reset by software similar to what you described and I thought, ":what fresh hell is this?"

While you can't do anything about the splash screen when  you launch SolidWorks-partly because it displays that while it's loading libraries, that information is stored in the registry and can be imaged from a registry file by your log-on script.

I suggest using the copy-settings wizard which will gather the current SolidWorks user settings and save them to a SLDREG file.

You can then rename the file to a .reg and image that during your logon script

• Re: Supressing EULA and Welcome pop-ups
            J. Mather

I think you need to do this on you image before ghosting all the lab machines.