6 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2014 12:15 PM by Karen Brunke

Error running EPDM task

Gary Williams

We are running EPDM & SWX 2013.

Just upgraded EPDM vault 3 weeks ago.

Tasks ran fine after Vault upgrade to 2013.

After installing SWX 2013 (the next week) the tasks no stopped working.

Error Message: Failed to run SolidWorks macro.

Error Code: E_FAIL, 'An unspecified error occurred.'

User permissions for the task are correct

Permissions to the folder that the PDF file is saved to is correct.

I am guessing it is something to do with Solidworks 2013 since the problem started after upgrading from SWX 2011 to 2013.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Gary.

• Re: Error running EPDM task
          Lee CS Young

SW2013 uses VBA7. You'll either need to reinstall the SWTaskAddin.dll using the Administration tool or edit the script in the Advanced scripting dialog of the task. There is a solution in the knowledgebase.

Gary Williams

Had Solidworks reseller support came in and reinstalled the vault which included the SWTaskAddin.dll re-install.

Tasks worked fine until SWX2013 install a week later.

Support thought is was the Advanced Scripting options > Solidworks version to use

I changed from "Default" to "Solidworks 2013" but that did not resolve the problem.

Lee CS Young

Do you see any of this in the Advanced Scripting Options dialog?

#If VBA7 Then
                      Private Declare PtrSafe Function SHCreateDirectoryEx Lib "shell32" Alias "SHCreateDirectoryExA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal pszPath As String, ByVal psa As Any) As Long
                      Private Declare PtrSafe Function PathIsRelative Lib "shlwapi.dll" Alias "PathIsRelativeA" (ByVal pszPath As String) As Long
                  #Else
                      Private Declare Function SHCreateDirectoryEx Lib "shell32" Alias "SHCreateDirectoryExA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal pszPath As String, ByVal psa As Any) As Long
                      Private Declare Function PathIsRelative Lib "shlwapi.dll" Alias "PathIsRelativeA" (ByVal pszPath As String) As Long
                  #End If

If not, you need to reinstall the addin or add the relevant code. If you do, check the log file for the task.

Gary Williams

SWX/EPDM support helped me by re-creating the tasks.

They copied the "convert" task and made the same as the task that would not work.

Like magic it worked & I deleted the faulty task.

Karen Brunke

The knowledge base article is S-061260.  It is very thorough.  It walks you thru the upgrade of the TaskAddin, then how to manually update the specific script locations in Advanced scripting options.  There are a total of 3 locations.  It isn't bad to do.  I was able to just reset most of my tasks to the 2013 default, and manually update the 2 with advanced scripts.  If you updated one to the default, you can then copy/paste the text from it to any you have to do manually.