8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2013 10:49 AM by Anna Wood

how to stop solidworks sucking the memory or not dumping cache?

Garth Walton

I AM RUNNING THE SOFTWARE IN LARGE ASSEMBLY MODE, DESIGNING AN INJECTION MOLD , SWORKS JUST GETS REALLY SLOW, I AM RUNNING AN 8 CORE CPU MACHINE WITH 8G OF RAM, AS WELL AS A 1G DDR5 GRAPHICS CARD , SO I DONT THINK IT IS THE RAM OR MAYBE I NEED MORE?!! I DONT THINK IT WOULD BE THE CORE ISSUE AS SW ONLY USES THE MULTI CORES IN SKETCH AND SOME OTHER FEATURES

• Re: how to stop solidworks sucking the memory or not dumping cache?
          Anna Wood

That is not what I would consider a large assembly from a memory usage perspective.  That is using only a half a gig of ram.

How is SolidWorks getting slow?  What tasks/actions are slow?

What video card are you using?  Are you using an approved gpu driver?  What CPU model is in your system?  What brand and model of computer do you have?

How many parts are in your assembly?

Can you post a screenshot of your mold design?

Cheers,

Anna

• Re: how to stop solidworks sucking the memory or not dumping cache?
              Garth Walton

Mhi there Anna

that is just my thoughts too, i was just editing a sketch and as i am going out it just hangs for about a minute, everytime i edit a part and accept there is that hanging as it does its calculations i would be expecting it to crunch it much faster. it is not a real big assembly too,

My cpu is an AMD FX 8 4ghz , the gpu is an AMD Radeon HD 7750 series 1G DDR5 on a Gigabyte motherboard , the OS is Windows 7 Professional 64bit, this is a built pc, not a brand name pc, it is brand new, attached are the images of my assembly the moving and the fxd halves, cheers Garth 000130.jpg000131.jpg