6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2013 1:39 AM by Arvind Kumar

Snacks Packet

Arvind Kumar

Dear All,

Can anybody help me in creating a 3d model of a snacks packet. Any help will be apriciated.

Arvind

• Re: Snacks Packet
          Anna Wood

Do you have a picture of what you are trying to model?  A snack packet is a pretty broad description and could mean any type of food packaging.

Cheers,

Anna

Arvind Kumar

Dear Anna,

Thanks for your reply. I have attach few pics.

Arvind

Joe Kuzich

This should be interesting to see how that can be modeled given it's constant changing and flexible nature.  Does your model have to incorporate the materials ability to move or would a fixed object taking on one of its possible shapes work?  Just out of curiosity what is the purpose of modeling such a thing?  Is that kind of modeling very common?  It may be and that I am just not aware since it's in a different field. 

Joe

John Burrill

Arvind if ithis is a skills-building exercize, then it's a good one.  I've done something similar to this for lamp packaging.  I relied on appearances to convey the appearance of the wrapper being wrinkled and thermosealed.

lamp with acetate bag and box.png

It's not very precise, but it will give you an idea of how to approach the model.  Pay particular attention to how you model the closed end.  When you go to the thicken the part, this is usually where you have trouble.

Now if you're not doing this as an exercize or marketing image, then either re-use your mesh model by importing it as an STL or OBJ file (assuming you have the Scanto3D add-in) or use your 2D image or draw a box with round corners becausea detailed food wrapper doesn't offer much value in terms of design impact,