AnsweredAssumed Answered

Template Question

Question asked by John Schiel on Aug 19, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2013 by Alex Shalamov

Good afternoon all, let me just start of by saying I am a very basic user of Solidworks, I know enough to navigate a solid or a drawing, but thats about it. I've kind of been thrown into the mix of teaching myself the electrical side of the software now on my own, and I was trying to jump right into it here and setting up some basic drawing templates for our schematics. We just purchased the software a week or so ago, so my attempts are the company's first stab at this brave new world here...

We currently number our drawings based off of the project number and the order of the drawing, ex: Project 27730, and the electrical drawing numbers start at 1000 for the entire project. Is there anyway I can have my template setup to auto populate this information? I was thinking of using the Contract Number field as my project number and starting the drawing numberings in the projects at 1000, so I was looking into using the #FOLIO_POS tag in the template.

I guess to sum it all up, what I'd like to do is try and have it joined together in one line, so I don't have to try and line up two separate tags. I'm just not sure what kind of syntax I need to use to get it to work. I want something like #PROJECT_CONTRACT_NUM - #FOLIO_POS, which would hopefully give me 27730-1000 as my first drawing number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

John

Outcomes