9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 10:10 AM by Jason Capriotti

EPDM 2013 - "Delayed in State" Notifications

Gary Williams

How do these "Delayed in State" Notifications get sent by EPDM?

Does it not send through SMTP to our e-mail?

We want these notifications to come through Outlook like all other notifications!

What is the content of these delayed e-mails?

Sure would be nice if the format would be same as Transition "Send Mail" action.

I want to add my own e-mail Message and Subject so I can insert variables.

We use Outlook filters to find username attributes and keep only those messages rather than the whole group receiving the message.

Gary.

• Re: EPDM 2013 - "Delayed in State" Notifications
          Laura Whittle

If you have your notifications set to email then these delayed in state notifications will go to email.

I do not know of a way to edit the message body.

This is what the message looks like: This is from the epdm but I imagine the email version will be similiar.

Capture.JPG

Gary Williams

It has been more than 2 weeks since I added a delay Notification to many states in workflows that are used everyday.

I have not received one Delay Notification e-mail from EPDM yet. The notifications are sent to be sent out after 1 day delay.

I don't think these notices are being sent out through SMTP.

Can anyone verify this?

Thanks,

Gary.

Laura Whittle

I would double check the notifications, if you have a test vault set up in there with the notifications set to database first, then once they work switch to SMTP. Then if still can't find the problem contact your VAR.

Jason Capriotti

On your SQL server, try restart the "SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Database Server" service. This controls the regular notification system, maybe it handles the delayed ins tate as well.

Often it gets hung up and needs restarting.....in fact so often I've created a batch program to stop and restart it and scheduled it to run every hour.

Tim Read

Not on the SQL Server, on the Archive Server...

There are no "SolidWorks" services running on the SQL server unless the same server is used for SQL Server & Archive Server.

I will probably add a task to restart it myself as I find notification service very unreliable.

Jason Capriotti

Check again.......the archive runs a service called "SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Archive Server" but the SQL server runs a service called "SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Database Server".

Here's what the knowledge base says it does:

The Enterprise database server service is the component repsonsible to "automated" operations such as generating notifications, updateing SQL card lists, importing and exporting XML files.

Gary Williams

All other e-mail notifications are going out normally so I don't think the "SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Database Server" service needs to be restarted. I will re-start just in case.

Our SWX/EPDM support guys have repeated in their testing and they are looking into this problem. I will report back when they have come to a conclusion.

Gary.

Tim Read

Well, now that forced me to do some investigation.... I found that you are correct but I also found that I am not completely wrong...

From pdf attached to S-08226 "How can a user troubleshoot the PDMWorks® Enterprise Database Server service?"

(from 2009 the service is called "SolidWorks Enterprise PDM database server")

"Verify that the PDMWorks Enterprise database server is installed (normally on the SQL server hosting the file vault database). Ensure that the service called “PDMWorks Enterprise Database Server” is started and running."

It seems that the service can be installed on either the SQL Server OR the Archive Server. On our site it is installed on the Archive Server.

Jason Capriotti

Now that I did not know. I always assumed that the SQL service was to be installed on the SQL server. I wonder if there is a benefit to one versus the other. On one hand I could see a benefit on the archive server since that server's CPU doesn't really do much. But could their be a performance issue with it not being on the same server? I wouldn't think so since it doesn't do much.