2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 2:40 PM by Scott Richter

Surface Finish on Note Leader

Scott Richter

I am trying to put a surface finish on a note leader that is pointing to a center on a detail view.  Since it is not a real dimension, the surface finish symbol goes directly to the intersection point where the arrow line and the horizontal note line meet.  Is there anyway to make the surface finish sit on the horizontal line similar to a dimension?

• Re: Surface Finish on Note Leader
          Matthew Lorono

Scott,

Could you provide an example of what you like to see the finish symbol do?

• Re: Surface Finish on Note Leader
              Scott Richter

Like if you have a diameter and you put the dimension to the right, you can put the surface finish on the bottom or top line.  But in this detail view I am doing, I am using a note since I cannot pull a dimension since part of the diameter was cut.  So I have the note with an arrow pointing to the surface (a drilled center), and I want to put the surface finish on the horizontal line from the note, similar to if it were a dimension line.  I currently have just been adding a jog point and making it flat, but it doesn't link to the line as if it were a dimension line.