I wan't quite sure how to title this post, and I just hope I can accurately explain my query.
We have our drawing numbers set out as follows, where x is any number:
- 00xxxx = Assemblies
- 10xxxx = Turned components
- 20xxxx = Milled components
- 30xxxx = Drive components
- 40xxxx = Sheet Metal
As a result, we have our vault set up with a number of projects to cover these groups:
- And so on...
My typical work flow is as follows:
- Create two sheet metal components (400001 & 400002)
- Create welded assembly (400003)
- Check all three files into 400 project
Lets say a year later I want to re-use 400002, I go to the 400 project, and search through the numerical list of parts.
It doesn't show up, because it is a sub-component of assembly 400003.
Granted we can use the search tool, but we don't necessarily know whether that component has ever been modelled.
On more than one occasion, we've wasted time re-modelling a component which already existed.
So my questions are:
- Is it possible to force all sub-assemblies and sub-components to be shown as references, with the original shown as a part in its own right?
- While we are at it, is it possible to make the vault listing purely numerical, rather than assemblies always being at the top of a project?