4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2013 9:05 AM by Glenn Schroeder

middle click to select check mark

Matthew Marcy

Hello All I am rather new to SolidWorks only been using it for a few months. I am on the other hand a very experienced Pro/E user so solid modeling is not new to me. That being said I was wondering if there is a way to program the scroll wheel click or even someother button on my mouse to select the green check mark to advance out of a feature with out having to put my cursor all the way across a 30" monitor to the check mark button? I know this probably seems silly but, thats how ProE worked and it saves time when modeling.

Also my IT guy purchased a 3D Connexion Space Pilot Pro. I really like it, it has a small LCD screen that displays what you hot key settings are. I've used a much simplier space mouse with Pro before and didn't find much use for it. But with SolidWorks interface I find it much more useful.

Cheers,

Matt

• Re: middle click to select check mark
          Alin Vargatu

Matthew, in SolidWorks we use the Right Mouse Button for the same function that you described.

• Re: middle click to select check mark
            Glenn Schroeder

Matthew,

Welcome to the forum.  Some features allow right-click to advance or OK.  If so, you will get a small icon that looks like a mouse with a blue arrow or green check mark.  For others, have you looked into Mouse Gestures?  That's where you right-click and drag a short distance and have 4 or 8 selectable options that you can program for different environments (sketch, part, assembly), and it can save a lot of mouse miles.  I have one set for Escape and one for OK (green check) and it works very well.  See below.  This is my setup for Parts.  The green check at the bottom is grayed out because I wasn't in a command when I took the screenshot.

mouse gestures.png