2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 11:56 AM by Chris Phillips

Surface Selections

Chris Phillips

Hello all,

I am having troubles when selecting a face for my fluid subdomain and boudary condations. I am using a student version 12/13 and it does not come with the flow simulation tutorials, so I have replicated the following tutorial with lids included.  http://personal.stevens.edu/~ffisher/me345/Tutorial_3_Heat_Exchanger.pdf. When I try to replicate 6-8 step 2 of the tutorial (Select the water inlet lid inner face (in contact with the fluid), I can only select the top of the lid or the side of it. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried making the lid stick out of the HX, flush with the HX, and even an exploded view (which I could select the botom face, but SW didnt like that when I went to hit ok).

• Re: Surface Selections
          Jared Conway

if you create a pipe and put lids on both ends, does it work? if so, sounds like a model specific problem. if not, could be the way you're modeling or something about the graphics that are preventing you from making the selection.

could you elaborate on your trouble selecting the face? is it a selection problem? error message? also a picture of what your model looks like and what you can select and can't select might be helpful.

the only thing i can think of is if you have transparency enabled, have you tried removing that and then hiding components around it to make your selections or using select other?