2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 1:07 PM by Matt Davies

Subscription problem

Matt Davies

I have a site version of solidworks education (paid for by work in the school), and a single user version (paid for by me at home), both registered to my work email as a teacher. the school site license has expired and is due renewal this summer, my single user one does not expire until next month. i cannot access the site with my email because one of them has expired. is there any way to seperate the two as i would like to upgrade my own copy whilst on vacation this summer and be ready for when i return.

• Re: Subscription problem
          John Burrill

SolidWorks binds the license to the user by e-mail address, so that's why it's unable to discern your license from your schools site license.

What you'll need to do is register a different email address with one of them.

I would suggest doing that for your student edition.  In order to effect that change, you'll need to call SolidWorks customer service.  There should be  a number for it them in your installation kit.  If not, go to the support page of the SolidWorks web site and look for a topic like: "Licensing and Activation"