2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 5:56 PM by Leif Buckley

Legacy Orientation Palette?

Leif Buckley

Hello,

I am just now finally upgrading to 2013 Premium and the first thing I notice upon opening the new version is that there is a double sized Oriention palette with icons, not text. This is not what I want. I prefer to quickly look at the word not an icon. Is there a way to get the old look/feel back? I also keep the palette pinned and constantly visible, this larger version is obscuring a alightly larger portion of the screen. I'm aware of control-spacebar, but I would prefer to not have to change my workflow after 7 years.

Thanks for any help.

-Leif

• Re: Legacy Orientation Palette?
          Jeff Holliday

Not any way that I can find. I know it is another change, but there are extra views available with the pinned orientation palette. I know we are all different, but I personally like seeing only the icons instead of words - it is probably better for international use too.

• Re: Legacy Orientation Palette?
              Leif Buckley

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I use a multitude of 3D programs, none are similar whatsoever and all use variations of different icons. This one isn't too bad (although I really dislike it), but when you are bouncing around from several apps all with different icons, for me seeing the word is a lot easier/quicker than identifying the similar yet always different icon. The Orientation icons take me a few seconds to decipher where as no one confuses the word "Top" with anything else.

International shouldn't come into play, that is why they have different languages. I've been beta testing for a 3D compnay for over 15 years, and trust me, users ALWAYS want a way to reverse UI changes, doesn't always happen, but it is always desired in my experiences.

-Leif

PS- It really is a horrible design change, it wastes a ton of space which is really frustrating the more I look at it.