13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 12:46 AM by Jared Conway

batch run

Li Quan

Is it possible in Solidworks Simulation to set up a batch file to run multiple FEA models one after another one?

If yes, could someone tell me how?

Thanks.

Li

• Re: batch run
          Jared Conway

Someone Asked this in the last week or 2.

There is a run all command for each part. You can run it on multiple files at the same time.

Or look at the task scheduler.

Li Quan

Hi Jared,

My situation is: I have set up multiple models in different files for different designs. so it would be nice if I can put them in a queue so those models can be solved one after another one. This function is very helpful during the weekend or vacation time. Some softwares, such as Pro/Mechanica, has an easy way to do that. ANSYS can do something similar too.

I tried the run all command, but it seems that this command only works for multiple models which are solved in the same file and based on the same CAD model? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Li

Gary Muzzonigro

Jared,

I saw that other post as well, but the run all option wont work for me as it runs them all simultaneously. I have 12 Simulations that need to be direct sparse and each have 1.5-2 million DOF (Taking about 15 Gb of RAM) So i need to run just one at a time.

If a macro via custom task scheduler is the only way, could you help me out with finding something that could get it done?

Thank you very much for the help!

Gary